Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I wish I could say we are better, but we are not. John's wretching is so bad we went back to see Dr. Kristi, and he is now on anti nausea meds. Fortunately, he lungs sound clear, so we took him off the antibiotics to help his upset tummy. I don't know how this kid can do it, but he is so much tougher than I ever would be.
I emailed our doctor in Denver to ask what is going on with John, and explain to me why we keep getting mixed info on him. She explained to me that the truth is that no one knows what is going on with John. They have done every test and they have all come back normal, which does not help them understand what is going on. So like I said, it puts us back to where we were before, with no answers.
She did comment on how excellent Dr. Kristi is. As I already know this I just wanted to share this with everyone! I know she will not be able to give us a diagnosis, or fix my little guy, but she sure does a great job of making us feel safe, and making John as comfortable as possible. We have been to her office more than I could count, and she always makes time for us. I personally don't think I could have made it through this without her. As crazy as I probably am after all of this, she doesn't make me feel that way, and is always welcoming to us to come in and just check our stats. I think she is the best doctor we have seen for John, and we are sure going to miss her when we leave. I do have to say that the moms in this town are so lucky to have a pediatrician like this. You will never appreciate a doctor like this until you are sick and in need of extra help. Like Sienna said "her's the best helper in the world!"

No comments: