Monday, November 24, 2008

We are all recovering from our sickness. Little John was doing a lot better today. He is still retching a ton, but is getting his "spirit" back. Johnny got here last night, and we were are officially moving in. It is nice to get the kids toys here. I had packed toys for John, but not many for Sienna, so she required a lot of entertainment the last couple of weeks. It was good for her to get her stuff. She is definitely acting out now. She keeps asking when we are going home. I have talked to her so many times, she just doesn't understand, which is so hard. I know she will adjust, she just has to pour a little salt on my wound! Today she started crying about a stuffed animal, and was yelling at me telling me she was the boss, and then told me to go to time out. We then just started laughing, and hugged and kept laughing. What do you do? We don't have any appointments this week with the doctors, so hopefully we can stay away for a while. We are meeting with our new therapists this week. I am anxious to get his therapies set up. Speech therapist at the hospital is going to be really good for him. They sign while the whole time they are with him, and he seemed to really be watching them. He learned a new sign this week to throw his arms up in the air for "yeah". He even makes a noise that goes along with it. The other good thing, is Sienna's preschool teaches them sign language, so she has been learning new signs as well. I am very happy with everything that has been set up for the kids. We are definitely making the most out of everything.

No comments: