Sunday, March 29, 2009

John just had a great week. He is very interested in learning new signs, and seems to be picking up on them faster. He can now do the two signs along with twinkle little star! Very cute. His nose seems to be doing a little better. We are meeting with the ENT doctor tomorrow to see what to do about his sinus infection. Therapy still continues to go very well. We took John to a train show yesterday, and he was absolutely fascinated with the trains. It is so nice to see him starting to have interests. We found a nice park in the town next to us. John is able to use his walker there, and it is so nice to see him independent at the park. I am normally guessing what he wants to do. He even spent some time checking out the fence!
On another note, I quit my job. I tried to give them a 2 week notice, but I just couldn't do it anymore. Some of the people I worked with were great, but the others including the owner weren't nice at all, and I was doing a lot of work that I should not have been doing. I have never just left a job like that, but I just didn't feel like I owed them anything.
So I have started interviewing for another waitress job. I think I have found two, and will find out this week. Both are a lot better run, and seems like a better fit for me. We will be meeting with the school district in two weeks about John starting school in October. I still don't know if I will be able to work full time Monday -Friday, but it will give me so much more freedom to do something with.
Sienna is doing great. She continues to make new friends. She is starting soccer in a few weeks and is very excited. I got her a pink soccer ball to practice with, but it is not allowed to get dirty! We will see how soccer works for us. For those of you interested her Dance recital is on May 17th at noon. Anyone is invited, so if you would like to go, just let me know, and I will get tickets.
We are still excited about our fundraiser for Children's. We have had so many people sponsor us already. Thank you again to everyone that has helped us.

No comments: