Friday, April 3, 2009

I just realized I never followed up from John's ENT visit. I have been waiting for the doctors to talk, and was supposed to get a phone call. I will have to call on Monday. Basically they do not want to do the sinus surgery on John because of his age. They did want to take out his adnoids. I kind of felt like the doctor didn't know what else to do so this was the only thing he could think of. He wanted me to make the decision, but I was not going to. We decided that he should talk to our pulmonary doctor, and our Primary care doctor and see what the three of them think. I have seen the other two doctors a bunch, and if they recommend it I will consider it. I just don't feel like putting John through a surgery if he doesn't need to.
John is still doing well. I am extremely happy with the things he has been doing. He was collecting all the toys in the bath the other night so that his sister couldn't get them, and he had a play date yesterday, and the two boys fought over a toy the whole time. It was good to see him doing this stuff. We have been doing his feedings during the day, and hopefully soon we can start to stimulate his hunger so he might start to eat.
Things are going well here. I have had three job(waitress) offers, and have narrowed it down to two. I also got an interview on Tuesday for a social work job in a homeless shelter for women and their children. I applied a couple of weeks ago, and never heard anything, so I assumed they found someone else. They called, and I am so excited about this job possibility. It would be similiar to what I did before. It would be through the state which would be wonderful for benefits. I would be working Tues-Sat 3-11:30 pm! It is a little more than I would be working in a restaurant, but at least I would be doing what I like to do, and using my college degree! I would definitely have to hire some help cleaning and taking care of the kids a few hours a week, but I have been very anxious to get back into social work. So wish me luck!

No comments: