Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I can't believe I haven't written in so long. I guess no news is good news! John continues to do so well. He is still trying to stand on his own and take steps. He is also starting to mimick noises which he has never done before. He even said uh oh the other day. He tries to sing twinkle twinkle little star, although it sounds nothing like the song, it is the same everytime. John is also growing. I can tell because his pants are starting to look too short for him. I am so amazed at how well he is doing. As I have stated before I have been taking a break from all of the doctors (except pulmonary which we will see next week) I finally made all the appointments again, so we will be back on the doctor routine. I have really enjoyed the time we have taken off from the docs. We have almost felt normal again.
I keep forgeting to let everyone know that Sienna's dance recital is coming up. It is May 17th, at noon. If anyone would like to go just let me know. This is a huge deal for her as she has been wanting a recital for almost 2 years now!
As of my jobs, I am still waiting to hear from DCF (Social work). They said they would call either this week or next. I am working at the italian restaurant which is going very well. I really like the owners and the people I work with. It is very well run, and it has been completely packed, and we haven't even had our official opening yet.
We are still looking for sponsors for our walk for Children's next month. I will be sending out another email soon. Thank you to all of you whom have already donated. I am really excited to do my first Children's fundraiser.
I hope you all are well. I am still missing Crested Butte (really just our friends), but have no desire to move back at this point. Seeing John with the progress he has made reminds me everyday that we made the best decision for him. We are currently working with the schools to find him a special ed school for him in October. I know that I have provided him with the best care so that he can live to his highest potential, and will continue to work and advocate for him. I miss you all, and thanks again for all your support.

No comments: