Monday, April 13, 2009

I am SOOOOO happy to report to all of you that today John took 3 steps on his own!!!!!!!!YYYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He holds onto my knees facing me, lets go and walks until he reaches me. I am so excited, and the best is that he is so excited for himself. I just cannot believe that he is doing so well out here.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We went to Vermont, and had a very fun, sugary easter. I think we have enough candy to last us until Halloween. That is even with me helping out! I have been busy, and am not sure where to begin. I got the job at the italian restaurant. I then got a call from social services for an interview. The interview went very well. I am feeling very good about getting the job, but am trying not to get my hopes up. I started the restaurant job last week, and really enjoyed it. It is a nice local italian family (3 boys) who have traveled to Italy and is now opening their second restaurant. They are so nice, and have a lot of respect for their employees. My first night they fed me dinner, I trained for a couple of hours, and then they fed me dinner again with drinks. They served me a total of 9 different selections. Needless to say, I way over ate, and waddled my way home that night. I guess they do this to their new employees to show them they appreciate you coming to work for them. Gotta love those Italians! Today I was training at the new restaurant and got a phone call from social services. They couldn't find my references, and wanted to call and check them today. So I now have my hopes up to get that job. I will hate to leave my new "family" at the restaurant, but the social service job is what I love to do, and it is what I went to college for. So things are looking good for us.
Sienna is doing great. She learned to ski on her own this weekend, and I think her dad is now dreaming of his ski racer he always wanted.
Again, Little John is doing so well. I have been staying away from the doctors. I guess we both need a break. His therapy is what is really benefiting him, and It is great to see him progressing. I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

No comments: