Thursday, February 26, 2009

We had our genetics appointment yesterday. I wasn't expecting much since we got the results back on Monday. Unfortunately, they still believe John has fg syndrome, and did another round of testing yesterday. I am not sure how I feel about all of this. Genetics is so confusing to me, and there is never a 100% diagnosis. Whether he has a normal or abnormal test result. So John got to go and get his blood drawn again. I can't even count how many times he has had to get blood drawn. Again whether he has FG syndrome or not, we still have to continue doing what we are already doing which is keeping him in all his therapy. If only there were more days in the week for all of this.
On a good note, John is now walking holding my hand! It is so great, he is so proud of himself he just squeels and laughs. He has almost fallen down because of his uncontrolable excitement. His speech therapist is working on sign language with him, and his has learned a sign for twinkle little star.
Again, I want everyone to know how amazing this little guy is. For those of you who don't get to see him often, or not at all, he is the sweetest, happiest kid you will ever meet. The one thing that I have learned about him is that more than likely he has a genetic deletion. I do believe this for many reasons, but I am sure that his unhappy gene was deleted.

No comments: