Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yesterday Sienna had another playdate. She met this girl at ballet, and I swear they have been friends for ever. They were singing and dancing, and having a great time together. I am so happy to see her begin to make new friends. Her mom was even fun to hangout with. She is about to have baby number #3, and was fun to talk with while our girls performed.
After the playdate I realized that I had missed a call from our pediatrician. I called her back, but was not able to get intouch with her until it was time for me to go to work today. I stressed all night that she was calling about John's genetic test results which are supposed to come back any day. Instead she totally shocked me with news that after John's EKG the learned that he has an enlarged muscle in his heart. So we must now go see a cardiologist. I have been told by others that this is no big deal, but to me it is a huge deal. I have felt that throughout this whole rollercoaster, the one good thing was that we did not have any cardiology issues. I have even said that a ton, but now we need to go get his heart checked out. I am so sad about this, but am hoping for the best. He did have a bad sinus infection, and whatever his lung issue is, so maybe his heart has just been working overtime. I will keep you all posted.
Again I have to say how wonderful our therapy is going out here. I was not happy with our therapy we were getting in CB, but really had nothing to compare it to. It was a big reason for our move. We still haven't even started feeding therapy, or Laryonthology (however it is spelled), but we do have PT, OT, and now speech every week. I am seeing such progress with them, and am very impressed with our therapists. It is keeping me very busy during the days, but am glad to see it benefiting him.
I hope you are all well.

1 comment:

Kim D. said...

Hey, good news on Sienna's social life. :) What a cutie. As for John, I am still praying for good news. I feel like whenever you guys have a good day or week, something else comes along to rain on your parade. Keep us updated on what comes of this new snag (re: the cardiology thing). XO Miss you all, glad you're enjoying the city... Kim