Monday, February 23, 2009

My bad week just got very good! John was cleared from Cardiology today. His heart is fine, and unless his lung issues effect his heart in the future, we should be able to stay away from Cardiology. I also got a phone call right before the Cardiology appointment from Genetics. John does not have FG syndrome! Again this is great news. I love to have this scratched off our list. They still want to look at that gene closer, but for now I am happy the first test came back normal. So our stressful week just made a turn in our favor! It is about time.
As of our dog situation, with time to think about it, we are going to do everything we can to keep Jasmine! There still is a chance that with his lung problems and his chronic sinusitis they may recommend us give up the dog, but for now I am going to hope for the best. The blood work will give us a better idea to how allergic he is, and if the dog is making John's symptoms worse. As of now, both of the kids as well as Johnny and I benefit from Jasmine, and could not imagine life with out our lab! I am so glad I have nothing but good news to report. I have been so stressed about this week. I know that we will just begin another round of genetic tests, which means another 6-8 weeks to get that test back, but for now I can still have my hope that John can outgrow this. Another hard part of these genetic disorders is that Sienna would not be able to have children because of the high chance of her being a carrier. I cannot imagine having to pass that news on to her one day, So I will continue to hope for the best!
Hope all is well!

No comments: