Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas! Sienna woke up today with a fever and a cold, but we still had a great time opening presents. We are in Vermont with the family. Little John had fun. He opened a few presents. I was able to get the kids great gifts despite our lack of income. Johnny will have to wait for his present, but the kids are happy. I finally got a job at a restaurant in Downtown Boston and get to start tomorrow. I feel much better knowing that we will have money coming in. It will also be nice to get out of the house.
It has been quite a year for us. Since last Thanksgiving we have had our world turned upside down. Last year for Christmas we were in our new house, with a bounce house that Santa left, and all kinds of wonderful things. We had my family in town, and it was just the beginning of John's health problems. I remember last year going all out for x-mas because I wasn't sure what the future held for John. This year, I am just so thankful that we are all still here, and enjoying everyday we have together. How I have changed over the year. I have learned to take one day at a time, and to not stress about the little things. I have watched a 5 year old fight a brutal cancer, as well as a 3 year old who only has days left to live. We have lost our house, left our home, our friends, our jobs, and left behind most of our belongings. But we still have a roof over our head, plenty of stuff for us to keep track of, we are close to family whom has been so wonderful to us, and best of all we are all still here, and as far as I know, we all are in good health. Who knows what next year will bring us, but this year, we went all out as well. We got our kids some gifts, we are all here, and best of all we were able to spend another xmas with family! So this year I will continue to live each day as it comes, and be thankful for what I have, and not focus what I don't have. There really isn't anything else in the world that I need anyways. I hope you all enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: