Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My new website!

I wanted to start a website so that anyone and everyone can follow John throughout this journey. We still have no diagnosis, and it could be a while. We believe that John has Mitochondrial Disease. There are a lot of unknowns about this disease, which has made this road so difficult. I know there are so many of you that want to know what is going on with John, and I love that you all care. I will do my best to keep this updated as often as I can. We will have our ups and our downs, but this is our life. Everyone is invited, so spread the word. I want everyone to know how amazing this little guy is! Here is some info on Mitochondrial Disease. The more you all know about it the less I have to explain it to everyone. So please educate yourselves, and maybe you can help us learn as well.

Mitochondrial Disease Facts:
* "Mito" is a group of energy metabolism disorders that is as common as cystic fibrosis and some types of cancer.
* Mitochondrial diseases may be inherited or occur later in life from an unknown cause.
* Symptoms vary, but commonly include muscle pain and weakness, extraordinary fatigue, seizure, stroke, developmentaldelay or memory loss, and unexplainable organ dysfunction.
* Mitochondrial disease is largely misunderstood and under-diagnosed. Recent findings strongly support a link between mitochondrial function and the aging process, as well as diseases of aging such as diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and cancer.
* Learn more http://mito.convio.net/site/R?i=b1WqxClGkbyLNH8vEdjvBQ..

No comments: