Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I started this blogsite for so many reasons. I am horrible at keeping a journal, and I have had so much support I knew that this would motivate me to write about our struggles. I know one day John is going to struggle with all of this he is going through. I hope that he can read this and know that we have done, and will continue to do everything possible to help him. John maybe the one going through all of this, but he is not alone. This has effected the whole family, as well as our friends.
I do need to take a moment to write about my other child. Sometimes I wish I could see the world as a 4 year old. When this all started Sienna decided she was going to be a doctor. She worked on John "patient boy". She would carry her Doctor kit with her to every appointment she went to. I am not sure if she still has the desire to be a doctor after everything we have been through, but I did get my appointment the other day and was told to "stay still and be patient". Sienna and John are about as opposite as can be. She is a bit bossy, and helps me with keeping John away from things that he should not have. She so nicely takes things aways, and tells him "no brother, that is not a toy!" He pulls her hair, and she patiently tells him "don't pull my hair, that is not nice"! It brings me and Johnny a lot of laughs through out all of this. I don't know what I would do without her. As a 4 year old she is so helpful. The other night after putting them to sleep John got sick and started wreching bad. I hear Sienna from downstairs to come help brother because he is sick. There are so many times that I am helping her with something when I have to stop everything and run to John, and she is always understanding. When he is sick she sits with us to comfort him. She waits for me to hook John up to the feeding tube before she can get lunch or a bedtime story. She is truly an amazing little girl, and I know that all of this will just make her a better person in life. Little John is so lucky to have her in his life.

3 comments:

Kim Goodrich said...

Jenny,
I was reading a magazine while on the treadmill last night (does this count as multi tasking!) when I saw an article from the National Institute of Health on their rare and undiagnosed diseases program. I immediately thought of you and Little John and your struggle to identify what he is going through. I know that like me, you crave information at times like this and thought the site might be useful to you at some point down the road. rarediseases.info.nih.gov/undiagnosed
It was good to see you out Saturday night! Take care of you!
xo Kim

Jude said...

Jenni: this site is good for so many reasons, but I love that it helps us to feel like we're part of your daily lives. Sienna is lucky too, she has you, Johnny, and her very special and unique baby brother. Aren't our children just the best! Love, Damma Dude

MollyinCB said...

Hi Jenny,

Maggie Dethloff forwarded me the link to this site and I am happy to be able to keep updated. I hadn't heard much since we skied together this winter, but have thought about you a lot. You and John are doing an amazing job - keep up the good work!

I would love to help with a fundraiser if I can - let me know.

Molly Eldridge